Sunday 2 February 2014

MIP Exhibition Entries

Marches Independent Photography (MIP) is holding an exhibition at Ludlow Assembly Rooms from 31st January to 14th March.  I've entered a couple of my street photos.

The Smoker
I took this photograph a couple of years ago and I've always loved it: the girl's beautiful, her concentration total, the arms make interesting repetitive shapes.  Reduction of the image information to two tones emphasises this.

Eat It 
I captured this interaction at the recent German Market in Birmingham.  I find it a disturbing image; it would be unsettling even without the man's clenched fist.  Maybe he's simply resting his elbow on the counter and his hand just happens to have formed itself into a fist.  Though it does seem to indicate a state of mind.  The other customers don't see this, and are unconcerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment