Thursday 6 February 2014

People and Place: Assignment 5: Shoot 5

Shoot 5: Angeline, Writer, 03/02/2014


Angeline is a musician, seamstress, knitter, and a modern grandmother who looks after grandchildren.  She also finds time to write.

Location

I took some pictures in the office where Angeline writes and sews, and the others in her living room.

Poses

My assistant, Suki and I accepted cups of tea and we sat down to talk. 
I took a series of portraits, using daylight coming through the window.
 
This shows the effect without the reflector. 
 With the reflector



Thoughtful

In addition to her writing, Angeline has several pursuits:
The piano accordion
And sewing
She also knitted the white hat, mid right

And finds time to write
I teased her about this
But Angeline is forgiving and has a fine sense of humour



Lessons Learned

Taking time to relax helps both photographer and model.
I think I've managed to vary camera angle more in this shoot.
People don't have to smile all the time; they rarely do it when they're concentrating.  But that's all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment