Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Shoot for Assignment One

This is a series of photographs I took during the final shoot for assignment one.  I was inspired by a series of Edward Weston photographs: Tina Reciting, 1924: http://ccp.uair.arizona.edu/item/14882, not so much by the images themselves but by the idea of getting the model to recite, to express her thoughts and emotions.  My model is an actor, so I was sure she'd remember something to recite.

Classic pose for remembering.

She begins, a little uncertainly...

but warms to her subject...

now she's really selling it...

the big finish...

the closing words...

 And we're done.  I've posted these images because I think they're a really nice sequence.  I haven't yet decided on my selection for the assignment, though the first and last here are contenders.  I'm very grateful to my model for lending me her time and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment